With just a little bit over a month to go, Hackott is quickly approaching (By the way, if you haven’t signed up yet already, get on that! as we will be sold out).
I’m sure you’re all sitting on your hands right now, itching to get them dirty at HackOTT, thinking: “Whatever will I do with myself in the meantime?!”
Well we need your help finding companies with interesting APIs for HackOTT. We already have a number of submissions but we want more! What makes an API interesting? Last time we had APIs that could:
- Search local listings (YellowAPI)
- Manage and analyze revenue (FreshBooks)
- Search an image collection based on multicolors (Idee Inc)
- Rank blogs and RSS feeds (PostRank)
- Sort your Twitter timeline by relevance (Cadmus)
- Access a Creative Commons licensed repository of structured data (Freebase)
- Enhance your email inbox (DokDok)
- Create white label email marketing platform (cakemail)
Some very cool apps were created out of these APIs, and we’d like to offer some similarly exciting APIs this time around!
So: If you are with–or know of–a technology company that you think should be involved, please get in touch!
Ideally, an eligible API for HackOTT would be:
- Public (or made temporarily available to our hackers for at least a few weeks after HackTO ends)
- Generally useful (and to creative folks, a lot of things could be considered generally useful!)
We would like to make this HackOTT the best yet, so if you have any leads or ideas for APIs that you would like to see, please don’t hesitate to let us know!