Hope you’re as excited as we are about tomororw’s HackREGINA event! Here’s a few reminders for the big day:
- Friday night we have a kick off party at Slow Food Pub starting at 7 PM. The party is graciously sponsored by GB Internet Solutions – thanks to them, we’ll be enjoying free appetizers and one free drink per registered participant! It’s a great way to meet fellow hackers, find a team if you don’t already have one, meet sponsors, and exchange ideas.
- The event tomorrow is at the Terrace Building at Innovation Place (10 Research Drive, right beside the U of R). It’s the building with the big glass atrium in the front. We do have free parking, but it’s in Lot G which is a bit of a walk – we advise you park near the doors, unload your stuff, and then move your car.
- The doors open at 8:45 AM tomorrow, with the event starting at 9:00 AM sharp. We will be providing a continental breakfast with coffee and juice. There will also be pizza, salad, and ribs served at noon from Trifon’s.
- Make sure to bring: your laptop, your power adapter, your mobile device (if you’re making a mobile app), any additional cables you may need, a display adapter that outputs to VGA, a reusable cup for coffee and drinks, a power bar. Also, if you’re planning on using a particular platform or framework, feel free to set that up in advance – avoid having to install Visual Studio and ASP.NET during the first 4 hours of the event.
- The Wrap-up party will be right after the award ceremony in the same place as the hackathon, so stick around and get a chance to talk with other teams, judges, and sponsors. We will be providing some finger food and have a bar, with beer selling for $6. There’s an ATM in the building if you don’t have cash on you.